Security and Redundancy
CommSecure Australia has a secure gateway which meets the stringent requirements of the banking authorities. It is one of only a few select companies authorised to process transactions directly onto the banking system.
Research has shown that many consumers are ready and willing to transact on-line, hesitating only for one reason - concerns about information security and privacy. Many businesses are hesitant to make direct payments or send sensitive documents over the Internet for similar reasons. These reasons need no longer apply.
The CommSecure system offers:
- Military strength encryption using a 128-bit symmetrical encryption key, equivalent to 2048-bit RSA encryption.
- Encryption keys are changed every few minutes and transactions are switched to and from banks.
- Full authentication - information transmitted is fully authenticated by your browser, the CommSecure server and the banks. CommSecure's secure server retains bank transaction records for a minimum of 12 months so they are fully traceable. However, because information is processed in real-time, with orders checked and approved before funds are placed into your account, the need to track down previous payments is also reduced.
System Security and Redundancy
When you use CommSecure, you outsource security to us. That means you do not need to rely on your own systems. CommSecure's fault tolerant, fully redundant systems offer:
- Data re-routing - in case of individual equipment failure so operations continue without interruption
- Duplicate site locations - in case of catastrophic failure caused by say, a fire.
- Stringent error, recovery and maintenance procedures - covering the system 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS)
With the increasing use of credit cards for Internet payments, Visa, Mastercard and other payment card schemes have joined forces and developed a global industry standard for the secure management of credit card information.
CommSecure is committed to the PCI DSS standard and is actively engaged in an ongoing implementation program in conjunction with its sponsoring banks and credit card partners.